A state agency founded on the principle of supporting the arts community and making quality arts programming accessible to all South Dakotans, the South Dakota Arts Council (SDAC) and their partner the National Endowment for the Arts, offer funds for grants to be awarded to artists, arts organizations, community arts projects, traditional arts apprenticeships, and community symphonies and orchestras.
Ari Albright has been an active roster artist with the South Dakota Arts Council’s Artists in the Schools and Communities Program (AISC) since 2007. The AISC is a residency program for K-12 schools and community organizations where artists aim to inspire creativity, share their talents and techniques, and help their host program further develop arts programming, with matching funds from the South Dakota Arts Council (SDAC).
Through the AISC program, Ari has provided arts programming to students and community members across the state of South Dakota, in facilities including, but not limited to…
- SD Human Services Center, Yankton, SD
- Sanford USD Medical Center Cancer Center and Castle of Care Children’s Hospital, Sioux Falls, SD
- SESDAC serving Adults with Disabilities, Vermillion, SD
- St. Joseph Indian School, Chamberlain, SD
- LifeScapes Art Center, Sioux Falls, SD
- Valley Springs Elementary, Sioux Falls, SD
- Harris Elementary School, Sioux Falls, SD
- Onida High School, Onida, SD
- SD Discovery Center, Pierre, SD
- Flandreau High School, Flandreau, SD
- Kimball Elementary School, Kimball, SD